NOTE: This article will be updated at a later time with screenshots.
The purpose of this article is to explain how to set up a Zapier Integration on the Boomtown Platform.
The process is twofold in that you must configure settings on the Boomtown Platform as well as on Zapier.
Part 1: How do I add a Zapier Integration on the Boomtown Platform?
- From the main navigation menu to the left, go to Settings > Customization > Integrations
- Under Add New System Integration, click on the Configure button on the Zapier tile
- On the Configuration page, select the name of your Team
- Modify the integration's Name and Description or leave as is
- Mark the Status as Enabled
- Click on Save or Save & Exit
NOTE: Separate from this process, you will later be prompted to return to the Boomtown Platform to copy/paste the Org Token (Public Key) and Org Secret (Private Key) while connecting your Boomtown account to Zapier. See below ("How do I generate my Org Token (Public Key) and Org Secret (Private Key)?").
Part 2: How do I add a Zapier Integration on the Zapier website?
- Once logged into your account on the Zapier website, click on the Make a Zap! button in the top right-hand corner
- First part – Under 1. When this happens..., type Boomtown into the search bar
- Select Boomtown 1.0.0
- NOTE: there is more than one Boomtown, so be sure to select the one with the correct logo
- Under Choose App & Event > Choose Trigger Event, select the field of interest ending in "via Webhook" then click on Continue
- NOTE: fields ending in "via Webhook" are the only working trigger events at the moment
- Under Choose Account, click on Sign in to Boomtown
- You will be prompted to authenticate your account on the Boomtown Platform via a pop-up
- NOTE: be sure to enable pop-ups if you have a pop-up blocker
- On a separate tab, log into the Boomtown Platform and copy/paste the Org Token (Public Key) and Org Secret (Private Key) into the Create an Account pop-up on Zapier (see steps below)
- Click on Yes, Continue
- Once successfully authenticated via the Boomtown Platform, customize your webhook by using the drop-down menu to select Boomtown Platform values, then click on Continue
- You will be prompted to test (TEST & REVIEW, TEST & CONTINUE) or skip (SKIP TEST)
- If you opt to test, sample records from the Boomtown Platform will be returned to Zapier to show the type of data that can be surfaced. This is mostly a check to verify the connection to the Boomtown Platform is working.
- Second part – Under 2. Do this..., select which app you'd like the Boomtown Platform to send info to (Choose App)
- After the app is selected, choose which action you'd like the event to make (Choose Action Event)
- You must authenticate to the chosen app via its preferred authentication method
- Similar to step 5, an authentication prompt will occur in a pop-up
- Once authenticated, customize the message to your liking, then click on Continue
- Test the app that will receive the data from Boomtown to verify its connectivity
- Once your settings have been configured, click on Done Editing
- After you have previewed the customized message, turn on your zap.
How do I generate my Org Token (Public Key) and Org Secret (Private Key)?
- Log into the Boomtown Platform
- From the main navigation menu to the left, go to Settings > Organization > General Settings
- Click on the Re-Generate button and select Yes
- From the New Keys modal, copy the Public Key (Org Token) and Private Key (Org Secret) and paste them into their respective fields on the Connect an Account pop-up on Zapier